Program Manager Medical Education
Program Manager Medical Education
Medical Education Agency
Buckinghamshire / Greater London
Date of Advert : 5 August 2020
Covid Secure Recruitment :
You’ll participate in a video interview.
An offer will be made regardless as to whether or not you have met the interviewers in person.
So please do read-on. There is no reason to put your job search on-hold due to lock-down.
So… As Program Manager Medical Education here’s what you’ll be doing :
You are the boiler room of the operations & client services team which means that it’s your job to keep everything running as smooth as silk.
Here’s a guide outlining what your day to day tasks will include:
- maintaining daily client contact so as to make sure that the client is aware of the progress of programs
- keeping track of activity against the budget so as to make certain that the work you are doing is within the client budget’s expectations
- implementing project work plans so as to make certain that client timelines are met
- mentor junior programme executives so that they benefit from your skills & knowledge and therefore ultimately excel in their work – because after-all team-work means that your client gets a great programme
- because it’s essential that materials are brand and regulatory compliant you’ll monitor compliance
- briefing medical writers so that they are clear as to the programme objectives and the content narrative
- liaising with your Key Opinion Leaders (KOLS) regarding their slide decks and other matters
What this MedEd agency offers you as Program Manager Medical Education :
The owners are hands on with strategy and business development; they have 50 years of experience between them meaning you’ll learn from people at the top of their game. The directors have a background in big Pharma which gives them and you a unique insight into what medical affairs teams need and expect from their healthcare communication agency.
Currently at 30 staff the directors plan to increase headcount by a third come end of 2020; with this fast paced growth and impressive annual revenue you will benefit from excellent career development prospects.
Program Manager Medical Education Candidate Criteria
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Client Services capacity within a Medical Education Agency, Healthcare Communications Agency, Healthcare Advertising Agency, Healthcare PR agency, or experience of working with a Pharmaceutical company within Medical Affairs, Marketing, or Medical Information.
- Understanding of medical education program objectives
- Awareness of deliverables used in traditional and digital medical education programs
- Skilled in managing delivery against budgets because no one wants to see an over-spend
- Excellent client communication skills including attending face to face meetings
- Comfortable travelling to medical meetings in UK as well as overseas because live meetings will one day return to the world of MedEd
- Right to work in the UK (because employer sponsorship is not possible)
The client base you’ll be looking after :
The agency’s client base is predominantly UK Pharmaceutical and BioTech companies meaning you build strategic working relationships with your clients. Working on national and international campaigns you will ensure the delivery of programmes that influences behaviour change and inspires brand advocacy. This medical education agency has maintained very long term relationships with its clients which demonstrated its strength of delivery and return on investment.
The programmes which the agency delivers for its clients :
The agency is a specialist in Medical Education Programmes. Nothing else. It’s an expert in MedEd, pure and simple.
The objectives, which is to be achieved on all programmes, is to influence behaviour change and inspire brand advocacy.
These objectives are achieved through the delivery of traditional & digital medical education deliverables which includes the following :
- Pharma sponsored meetings for an audience of Health Care Professionals
- Digital learning channels such as webinars
- Stand-alone meetings – national and international
- Advisory boards
- Satellite meetings
- Key Opinion and Advocacy management
Occasionally the agency does partner with other healthcare communications specialists. This happened when the agency is working as part of an integrated campaign.Examples of partner agencies includes specialists in Market Access, Patient Advocacy, and Healthcare PR.
Location of the agency :
Located in blooming lovely Buckinghamshire. With the lovely Chilterns countryside surrounding you this a bucolic location with a gentile high street.
The offices are easily reached by London Underground & several overground Stations. Further there is free on-site car parking should you want to drive door to door.
Medical Education Agency. Team structure.
The team is structured in the following manner (top down) : Business Unit Director, Programme Director, Senior Account Manager, Programme Manager, and then 2 levels of junior executives. You’ll report to the Senior Account / Programme Manager
Moreover an editorial team handle all medical writing. This team does not communicate with clients or Key Opinion Leaders (KOL). Therefore the team is 100% focussed on creating the content for your campaign deliverables.