Medical Editor & Community Manager
Manage online clinical communities & create medical education content.
Your key goals as Medical Editor & Community Manager :
- Develop an online community of multi-disciplinary Healthcare Professionals (HCP) by creating online content, email bulletins, and social media
- Manage content so as to meet the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs of HCPs.
Day to Day Responsibilities :
- Working with the Editorial board so as to to understand the CPD needs of HCPs
- Commissioning content, including content for webinars and podcasts, in order to provide medial education content
- Managing the online clinical community by creating new digital content, and social media
- Hosting webinars and podcasts, which enhances HCP learning and online community engagement
- Editing copy in order to be sure that all content meets with style guides
- Commissioning art editors to produce images so as to optimise content
- Obtaining rights for all content and also administering contributor payments
Experience Required :
- Experience of developing content for an audience of HCPs
- Understanding and experience of how to create and develop online communities
- Experience of commissioning content from medical and clinical specialists
- Ability to edit content to check for accuracy, style, and legality
Salary & Benefits :
- Annual Salary is £38,000
- 25 days holiday, which increases by a day for each year of service, up to 30 days
- Excellent Company Pension scheme
- Health & Wellness plans
Location & Working Pattern :
The healthcare publishing team is located in London.
You have the option of hybrid working which therefore means you have the chance to split your working week between working from home and working in the office.
And, as live events begin to happen once again, you’ll get to travel a few times a year to medical conferences in order to meet with contributors, and get to know more about your readership of HCPs
Summary of Medical Editor & Community Manager Job Vacancy :
This is an opportunity for you to lead the content development for a new educational and community resource for clinical specialists, and thereby support the CPD needs of HCPs. It’s a terrific chance, for you to set the direction and editorial tone for the website, and moreover, it’s a chance for you to make a name for yourself in the clinical community by hosting webinars, creating podcasts, and developing online communities. Finally, because the publisher is a well established organisation you have many resources available to you, including technical, design, production, and commercial. Therefore, don’t delay in making an application for this Community & Content Manager job