Magazine Editor Medical Society.
Manage a monthly & quarterly magazine.
Magazine Editor Medical Society
You’ll have the editorial reins, of two respected titles, published for members of a Medical Society. The publisher, which offers this Magazine Editor job vacancy, is a major player in the world of contract publishing and content marketing, and therefore you’ll get to enjoy the benefits of excellent staff resources, good budgets, and, of course, an excellent remuneration package. Finally, and by no means least, you’ll provide quality content which helps medical professionals in their daily lives. Therefore you’ll play a part in keeping us all healthy. Now, if that’s got your editorial nerves tingling please read on, or if you’re too excited to do that pop your CV across now.
You’ll manage two magazines :
- A monthly title which delivers news & features to members of the Medical Society
- A quarterly title which publishes research articles and education content
Your Key Responsibilities – Magazine Editor Medical Society
As Editor, for the two Medical Society publications as described above, you will be responsible for the following :
- Directing and creating quality engaging content, for publication across print, web, and social media. To do this you will develop a good understanding of the working lives experienced by members of the Medical Society. Furthermore you will liaise with the Medical Society so as to understand the Society’s expectations for the two magazines. In addition you will liaise with the Editorial Board, of the Medical Society, concerning academic papers which are submitted, by Society Members, for publication in the quarterly magazine.
- Managing the work of a designer and production editor, in order to ensure efficient and quality content production. Furthermore, you will contribute to the career success of the designer and the production editor by conducting their appraisals. Moreover, you will commission freelance editorial, design, and production staff as required.
- It is essential that the 2 titles are a commercial success and as such you will make sure that the magazines operate within their allocated budgets. Moreover you will work with the Commercial Team to generate new commercial ideas.
Because this is a senior position – you’ll be an Editor of two highly respected Medical Society magazines after-all – it’s important you have he following experience:
- Experience of working as a Deputy Editor or Editor (or similar editorial position), to include experience of directing news & features content, as well as experience of working with an Editorial Board regarding academic submissions.
- Experience of working in an editorial team within contract publishing, content marketing agency, customer publishing, or experience of working in-house within Society Publishing.
- Proven ability to develop an understanding of the professional lives of a technical, scientific, and medical readership
Your Remuneration Package :
You’ll be gratefully rewarded with the following :
- Annual Salary is £40,000, which will keep the bank balance in a healthy state
- 25 days holiday, which increases by a day for each year of service, up to 30 days, so you get a decent break to refresh
- An excellent Company Pension scheme, to help you plan for a happy retirement
- An array of health & wellness plans to keep you in tip-top shape
The location and your working pattern :
The publishing house is located in London, however you have the option of hybrid working. This therefore means that you have the chance to split your working week between working from home and working in the office. So there, you have it – a brilliant job opportunity – Magazine Editor, Medical Society – Apply Now.