Medical Education – Senior Writer.
Plan, Write, Commission, Manage medical education content
Medical Education – Senior Writer c. £45k
Overview of the Vacancy :
An opportunity at a highly respected medical publisher.
The role offers you, as senior medical writer, much variety. Because as well as creating content plans you will write and commission medical education content.
Moreover as senior medical writer, you write medical education content for Secondary as well as Primary healthcare professionals. Your audience ranges from GP’s to Hospital Doctors, through to Nurses and Allied Health Professionals and furthermore includes medical students. Because of this varied audience you have the opportunity to write medical education materials which engages audiences with varying levels of scientific understanding.
Therefore this is a wonderfully varied senior medical writer job and because variety is the spice of life it’s best not to delay in making an application. Therefore Apply Now.
The delivery channels for the materials you create include :
- A leading Continuing Professional Development programmes (CPD) portal
- Medical Meetings which are Virtual as well as Live
- Websites for healthcare professionals, as well as for patients
- Internal training portals for pharmaceutical company employees
Therapy areas and topics are diverse, for example, CPD modules cover therapy area education as well as updates to treatment guidelines issued by NICE and other bodies such as GMC. Therefore, working as senior writer, you have a terrific variety of specialties and topics to write about for medical education programmes.
You will take a content program from concept stage to delivery, and therefore this job means you get to see a content programme through from briefing to publication.
Salary & Benefits, Medical Education – Senior Writer :
- Salary range is £40-44k per annum (dependent upon experience)
- Up to 30 days annual leave + bank & public holidays
- 8% Pension contribution paid by Employer
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
Medical Education – Senior Writer, Responsibilities:
- Developing content plans, which means you identify topics, and consider the best content delivery channels to use in order to meet the intended audience.
- Creating content as Medical Writer of medical education materials
- Commissioning external experts, to write medical education materials.
- Reviewing of medical copy which has been written by external medical experts, so as to make sure that the content meets the brief of the pharmaceutical company client.
- Participating in meetings with external medical experts and pharmaceutical company clients, so as to discuss scientific editorial matters.
About the Employer :
Quite simply, this is a chance to be a Senior Writer of Medical Education materials at one of the very best medical publishing houses in the UK.
The audience of healthcare professionals, as well as the pharmaceutical company clients, look to this publisher, because it is a trusted publisher with a long heritage.
Because the publisher has a staff of over 500 you’ll find that there is excellent career development opportunities, available to you, across the business.
Moreover, there is a comprehensive training & development plan in place to ensure that you gain the skills you need to progress your career.
You benefit from working with a range of editorial, media, and creative specialists, including the in-house studio, which creates videos, webinars, and podcasts.
Location & Working Pattern :
You have the option of a blended working model and flexible working hours, which means therefore you can split your working week between working from home and working in the office.
Medical Education – Senior Writer, Application Criteria:
- Experience of creating & delivering content plans for medical education projects.
- Medical Writer experience having written content for a range of healthcare audiences, and for a variety of disease areas.
- Ability to identify medical experts and brief them to write medical education materials.
- Aware of the regulations around pharmaceutical industry sponsored medical education.
- Ability to review content written by medical & scientific experts.
- Confident in ability to participate in editorial meetings attended by external medical experts, and pharmaceutical company clients.
Internal Job Reference is : GB926 (Medical Education – Senior Writer)