Sell art works. Greenwich Art Gallery.
Sales Consultant. Art Gallery.
- Our client is a leading Contemporary Art Gallery located in the busy and creative area of Greenwich, London (SE10).
- You will consult with gallery visitors & collectors so as to sell original works of art -from Surrealists to Figurative Artists.
- Values of the work range from £300 to £30,000 which means you’ll benefit from engaging with a wide range of buyers.
- The artists represented by the gallery produce work in a variety of mediums such as watercolours, oils, screen prints, digital arts. photography and sculpture. This means you will enjoy regularly changing exhibitions and have a wide variety of works to present to buyers.
- As Sales Consultant in a commercial art gallery you will earn excellent sales commission – in year one you are expected to earn at least £12,000 in commission paid on top of your salary – so you’ll take home at least £30,000 in your first year as Art Consultant.
- Most artists are UK based meaning you have an opportunity to meet the artists so that you can understand the art work and the artists inspiration.
- The Gallery Directors provide you with excellent support & sales training.
Gallery Sales – Key Tasks :
- Meeting & greeting visitors to the gallery ensuring that they feel welcome to browse the art for sale
- Qualify the visitor – is the visitor in the market to buy art ? what type of work is of interest to the visitor ?
- Show potential buyers works that may be of interest to them explaining the artists inspirations and techniques
- At all times be aiming to close the sale
- Capture contact data so that you can email the visitor with information about works of interest and upcoming artists exhibitions
- Maintain marketing communications with buyers and potential buyers by telephone calls, email, printed communications, private view & events invites.
- Attend private views to meet existing & potential buyers
- Negotiate sales prices (with the guidance of Gallery Directors)
- Take payments
- Arrange shipping or collection of sold works
Key Candidate Criteria :
- Experience of working in an art gallery or luxury retail sales.
- You have a passion for building long term client relationships.
- You thrive in a target driven sales environment.
- Money £££ is important to you. You want to earn a lot.
- You’re self-driven. Always aiming to close the sale.
- Base salary : 18k
- On target earnings in year one : 30k
- Hours : The gallery is open 7 days a week until 6pm – you will work a variety of hours based on a rota system
- Contract : A permanent contract
This art gallery sales consultant position is immediately available. Don’t delay in applying.
Hit the green button below to send your CV.