Principal Medical Writer.
Medical Education Agency.
Your role as Principal Medical Writer :
This Principal Medical Writer role offers you the opportunity to lead a medical writing team.
You will also lead on Scientific Strategy as well as carry out medical writing for key accounts.
By leading a team you will oversee process including the planning of medical writers’ time, and you will also identify the training needs of your team members.
Principal Medical Writer
50% of the staff at this mid-size Medical Education Agency are Medical Writers or Editors – which is a higher percentage than is commonly found in similar sized agencies – which therefore means that as Principal Medical Writer you will benefit from excellent career and personal development opportunities. In fact the agency owners work with you to draw up a 5 year personal development plan in order to ensure your career develops in the way that motivates you – for example progressing from Principal Medical Writer to Scientific Director.
The agency does one thing only and it does it brilliantly – Medical Education campaigns on behalf of UK and international Pharma & Biotech companies. In fact the agency now supports the top 5 pharma companies in the world with a focus on local, EMEA and global accounts. And with a large writing & editorial team the agency has the resources to make sure that it measures the outcomes of the medical education content – making sure that the content does in fact influence the prescribing behaviour of clinicians for the benefit of patients.
Independence and Influence :
By joining this independent medical education agency, as Principal Medical Writer, you have influence and the agency influences your career for the better. Here’s a few reasons how this lovely mix of influence manifests itself :
- You’ll have daily contact with the owners of the agency. This gives you access to their combined 60 years of medical education experience and therefore you benefit from excellent mentoring. In fact the owners work with you to create a 5 year personal development plan, including internal & external training.
- Collaboration and communication is a core value of this agency. The owners deliver on this by making sure that every team member has a voice that’s heard. Moreover you have the freedom to try new things. Everyone is informed and everyone has the chance to influence the workplace culture.
- Recognition & Promotion. The agency is small enough to allow individual contributors to shine regularly through staff award programmes. Promotion happens when you’re ready and not according to time served as can happen in larger corporate structures. The agency has achieved external recognition through the winning of several awards for its Medical Education programmes.
Remuneration & Working Pattern
- Salary for this Principal Medical Writer vacancy is £65,000.
- Private Healthcare is available.
- Flexible working with 2 days a week in the office. The office is in Buckinghamshire in easy reach of public transport as well as by car.