Principal Medical Writer.
Medical Education Agency.
Principal Medical Writer
The Agency :
Boutique excellence is the raison d’être of this Buckinghamshire located Medical Education Agency. It’s independently owned. Moreover the agency has been established at least 20 years. This means therefore this Medical Writer job vacancy is an opportunity to join a secure and well regarded business. Further the business does one thing only and it does it brilliantly – Medical Education campaigns on behalf of UK and international Pharma & Biotech companies. Therefore, as Principal Medical Writer, you’ll be writing content which ensures your client’s brand gets the advocacy and influence it needs.
The working culture :
You will be join an editorial team of 10. The team is likely to grow in 2020/21 as the agency increases its client base and therefore this means that you’ll get to work on a wide range of interesting accounts. Moreover given the long term nature of many of the clients you will get to experience the brand at different stages of its life cycle presenting you fresh challenges – for example as new evidence emerges.
The owners are hands on with leading strategy and business development; they have 50 years of experience between them which therefore means you’ll learn from people at the top of their game. The directors have a background in big Pharma and as such they pass on to you a unique insight into what medical affairs teams need and expect from their agency. Currently there are 30 staff working at the agency. The directors plan to be at 40 staff by end 2020 and you can see, therefore, that this is a terrific opportunity to join a successful agency.
It’s a great team with regular socials and a terrific supportive working environment. Benefits include Private Health Insurance and Bonus Scheme.
Location of the Agency :
Located in Buckinghamshire the office is easily reached by tube, overground train, and moreover there is free car parking at the office. Of course, during the current climate, home and flexible working is supported.
Ready to apply ? APPLY NOW
Principal Medical Writer – Responsibilities :
The agency delivers traditional and digital medical education programmes :
- Pharma sponsored meetings for an audience of Health Care Professionals
- Digital learning channels such as webinars
- Stand-alone meetings – national and international
- Advisory boards
- Satellite meetings
- Key Opinion and Advocacy management
You will therefore create scientifically engaging copy for the above programmes.
Candidate Criteria :
- Given the seniority of this position you will need to demonstrate at least 7 years of experience as a Medical Writer, together with experience of working as a Senior Medical Writer or higher.
- The ability to mentor junior medical editors and writers.
- Ability to quality control editorial work before submission to clients.
- Good awareness of the objectives of Medical Education programmes.