Lead editorial projects in Oncology education, and antineoplastic / anticancer drugs.
Medical Communications Agency. Senior Medical Writer.
Oncology – Senior Medical Writer
Oncology is expected to retain it’s highest revenue position in the global pharmaceutical market through the next 3 years.
Over 2,000 cancer products are in the R&D product pipeline and as such Oncology has a place in the top 3 therapeutic categories in respect of the number of R&D products.
Therefore this medical writing job vacancy is your chance to be part of an incredibly exciting, therapy area, getting data in front of Health Care Professionals and thereby improving patient outcomes in Anticancer.
The Employer :
With almost 3 decades of delivering excellence in the medical communications field this healthcare communications agency offers the chance to work on world class strategic medical education & communications projects. In fact it’s one of the largest medical communications groups around. Because there is over 1,000 staff the business gives you excellent opportunity for career progression. Moreover an internal training academy along with a well structured HR processes means you get to benefit from continual learning which therefore means your personal development objectives will be met.
This business excels at accommodating flexible working options, both in terms of daily working schedules and location.
Currently the entire scientific content team is working remotely. However as the UK eases out of lockdown, and we begin to return to offices, you’ll have the opportunity to work from the company’s offices in Central London all the time, some of the time, or you may choose to stay working remotely.
Oncology – Senior Medical Writer. Your Responsibilities :
In this role you are a key member of the Oncology scientific content team and therefore you will lead editorial projects. The projects encompass the creation of medical education and medical communications materials. You get to work on projects at Pre-launch and Peri-launch, including blockbuster antineoplastic / anticancer. Because you will work with a huge global pharma. company you shall develop materials addressing communication needs several Oncology Indications. You will interact with the world’s leading scientists, oncologists, and health care professionals on critical treatment and clinical issues You will be part of a highly scientific team, taking specific responsibility for :
- Analysing the commercial drug development & scientific landscape in Oncology
- Maintaining primary contact with the pharmaceutical company client regarding scientific content
- Attending Advisory Board meetings
- Ensuring regular liaison with internal agency teams
- Key Opinion Leaders relationship building
- Maintaining best editorial practice ensuring compliance with regulatory codes of practice
- Quality control – providing oversight as regards editorial
- Reviewing of content prior to submission to client
- Delivering editorial and scientific product training
If you want to build your line management responsibilities you will be encouraged to do so however this is not essential because, after-all, not everyone wants to be a manager.
- A scientific understanding of the Oncology therapy area
- At least 3 years of working experience as a Medical Writer
- Experience of working within a Medical Communication Agency experience or experience of working at a pharmaceutical company in Medical Affairs, Medical Information, or Marketing
- Higher level life science education such as MSc or PhD
Covid Secure Recruiting :
Clean your screen and adjust the lighting because it’ll be video interviews for the time being. We’ve had a year of making hires without a face to face meet .. so we’ve got this down to a fine art. Moreover, from day one in the job, you’ll find that your virtual welcome is very well managed, whereby you’ll meet your team, have a terrific induction process, and enjoy a virtual social. Therefore don’t let lock down delay your career ambitions and Apply Now.
Job Reference : GB315