Journalist, Science News Desk
Join the news desk as a Science Journalist at a top B2B publication.
You’ll research and write breaking news stories, as well as write longer form feature length analysis. You will write articles for both online publication and print.
Working as a Science Journalist means that you’ll identify and maintain news contacts across the scientific industry, including with PR professionals. You will also attend and report from international events such as trade fairs, scientific congresses, and award ceremonies.
The healthcare & life sciences industry generates at least £70bn to the UK economy. More than 200,000 people are employed by the sector. A cornerstone of the UK Government investment is Healthcare & Life Sciences industries. Therefore as a Science Journalist you’ll be writing news stories about the UK’s most dynamic and high profile industry sector.
Key candidate Criteria
- You’ll have experience of working as a Journalist, researching & writing news stories
- You’ll have the ability to build relationships with a variety of news contacts
- It’s essential that you have acquired the NCTJ accreditation or that you hold a similar level of Journalist qualification
- It is preferable that you have some experience of covering technical & scientific stories
About the Publisher
You’ll join a team of newshounds on the science desk, at a highly respected and long established B2B publishing house. Because the publisher owns several publications that cover the healthcare and scientific business arena you will benefit from excellent training and mentoring. And to cap it all – the publisher’s offices are stunning – you’ll be writing science news stories seated in a light and airy warehouse conversion which is located minutes from London Bridge station.
- The salary is £28,000-£30,000 depending on your experience
- You’ll have 25 days holiday plus all bank & public holidays.