Healthcare Data Scientist
Join the leading not-for-profit organisation providing healthcare data to patients and clinicians. Working at this organisation as a Data Scientist, means you have responsibility for optimizing the organisation’s data flow, as well as producing insights & analytics. You will work closely with the organisation’s Medical Director, as well as with members of the Technical Services Team, such as Database Developer. The Medical Director is a thought leader in clinical informatics, and therefore because you will work closely with the Medical Director you shall have excellent opportunities for learning and career development. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to participate in strategic decisions regarding the healthcare data projects, which the organisation undertakes. Therefore this is a terrific opportunity at a leading organisation providing insights from complex healthcare data.
About the Employer :
The employer, which offers this Data Scientist job, is a not-for-profit organisation providing insights about the quality of patient care. Because the insights are available to Patients, the data helps patients to make informed decisions about their treatment options. And furthermore, because healthcare providers are given actionable insights it means that healthcare providers use the insights in order to aid decision making regarding improvements in patient care. The organisation’s stakeholders include academic institutions, government bodies, the NHS, and the commercial healthcare sector and therefore you will work on complex and high profile healthcare data projects, and furthermore you are helping to drive improvements in the delivery of patient care, through the provision of actionable insights & analytics.
Data Scientist, Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is up to £55,000 per annum
- Circa. 10% Employer Pension contribution
- Hybrid working pattern, which therefore allows remote & office based working
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank & public holidays
- Life & Health insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Data Scientist, Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Creating data products, and therefore providing value to patients as well as healthcare providers
- Building analysis tools using SQL and Power BI
- Specifying requirements for data flows
- Providing insights into data quality
- Identifying process improvements, and liaising with technical teams, in order to deliver improvements in data systems.
- Documenting STTM (Source to Target Mapping)
Data Scientist, Application Criteria:
- The ability to identify appropriate analytical techniques
- Experience of producing insight from complex healthcare data in order to give value to patients, healthcare providers, and stakeholders
- Experience of performing RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
- A good working knowledge of SQL is required, along with a working knowledge of Apache Spark Python / C++, and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience of working with Cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure, is also required.
This is a Data Scientist job at the leading not-for-profit healthcare data organization, and therefore send your CV now. so that you can be soon optimizing the data flow and producing insights from the 80 megabytes of health data, which a single patient generates in a year.*
The internal Job Reference for this Data Scientist job vacancy is GB2201.
* Source : Forbes