Not-for-profit healthcare organisation.
About the Employer :
This is an opportunity to join a not-for-profit healthcare organisation as a Communications Officer. The organisation publishes health information resources which help patients make decisions about their healthcare treatment plans. Because patients are faced with a huge amount of information regarding their treatment options it is essential that patients have access to easy to understand online health information. Therefore as Communications Officer you will lead on delivering digital communication campaigns that raise the external profile of this organisation so that more and more patients get to benefit from the high quality healthcare information resources that this not-for-profit healthcare organisation provides.
As Communications Officer your responsibilities include :
- Leading on the planning and delivery of digital communications campaigns in order to drive traffic to the organisation’s patient facing website
- Supporting the organisation with digital communications that raises the external profile of the organisation
- Using campaign analytics in order to identify opportunities for content which will assist patients when visiting the organisation’s website
- Writing, commissioning, and editing of content, including commissioning content from healthcare writers, as well as creating video content
- Managing the organisation’s social media platforms to include monitoring of social media KPIs in order to measure success of campaigns
- End to end management of newsletters and email campaigns
- Supporting the senior management team by helping to shape and produce their presentations and conference materials
Hybrid Working :
As Communications Officer you’ll work alongside the Communications Manager in a Hybrid-Working pattern of 2 days a week in the office and 3 days a week work from home however if you prefer to work more than 2 days a week in the office you are welcome to do so. The office is based in Central London in a beautiful quiet street tucked away a few minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station. You can also enjoy a bit of down-time or have a catch-up with a colleague in the on-site subsidized cafe.
Salary & Benefits :
- Salary range for this Communications Officer job is £35,000 to £38,000 per annum
- 8% matched employer pension contribution which means you can benefit from a 16% pension contribution
- 25 days paid annual leave as well as additional annual leave at Christmas
- Health & Life Insurance benefits together with occupational health and employee assistance programs
- The employer will pay for any enhanced training or education which helps you in your role as Communications Officer
Candidate Criteria – Communications Officer
- Experience of running digital communication campaigns, including Social Media Campaigns, Paid and SEO content campaigns, aimed at B2C (consumer) audiences.
- Some experience of working in a communications role at a healthcare organisation, consumer information body, or other not-for-profit organisation is preferred
- Good understanding of how to set & track campaign analytics and experience of utilizing the campaign analytics to guide your Communications Officer responsibilities
- Good ability to write content for use across online platforms, including some experience of creating video content
With increasing numbers of patients taking control of their treatment plans you will find that this is a highly rewarding communications job because by raising the profile of this organisation and driving traffic to the organisation’s website you are helping patients, navigate the wide range of treatment options available.