Immediate start. Leading Health, Beauty, & Life Sciences B2B magazine publisher.
Our Client :
Established for 100 years our client enjoys a very strong and loyal global readership of executives and scientists in the Cosmetics, HealthCare, and Pharmaceuticals industries.
A busy and varied role in a great team focussed and collaborative environment.
Located in the heart of creative Bermondsey 5 minutes walk from The Shard and London Bridge Station in modern converted warehouse offices.
Working hours are standard office hours – 10am to 6pm.
As Layout Sub-Editor you will work ensure the day to day production of :
- 7 print magazines
- Daily digital newsletters
- Digital publications
- Events and marketing content
- Client advertising material such as digital advertising banners
Key Responsibilities :
- Lay-out and sub-edit news & features copy for the magazines using QuarkXpress
- Source images to support the articles
- Complete Photoshop tasks e.g. CMYK settings, print quality resolution and cut-outs on images
- Proof read pages for print & web to prevent the publication of factual or grammatical errors
- Write headlines, standfirsts and create relevant links to other stories
- Send the magazine to print, on time, on press day
- Tag digital stories and upload copy to the websites
- Use CMS/online software to compile digital products
- Publish the digital editions of the magazines using YUDU
- Create and send weekly publication newsletters and client eblasts using dotmailer
- Sub-edit and publish press releases online
- Design online client advertising banners using Photoshop
- Publish client advertising banners ensuring banners populate the websites at all times
- Create client paid company profiles
- PDF client artwork ready for print including manipulating supplied artwork using Photoshop
- Liaise with the media and events sales team regarding client supplied artwork
- Create and design in-house artwork for events and marketing materials
Technical Skills Required :
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Digital publishing platforms – ideally YUDU
- Experience of working with a Online Content Management System (CMS)
- Familiar with email marketing automation tools – ideally dotmailer
Professional Work Experience Required :
- Production experience in a magazine publishing environment
- Demonstrate ability to sub-edit and layout technical & scientific copy creating engaging page furniture for print and digital publications – including ability to write headlines, standfirsts, captions, and summaries
- Digital design skills so as to create advertising banners in Photoshop
- Experienced in sub-editing copy in UK English and ideally some experience of US English
- Good communication skills including ability to liaise with advertising clients reading art-work
(Applicants must have no more than 4 weeks notice.)
Hit the Green Button below to apply.