Russian (Русский) & English speaker required.
Our client is a high profile Auction House seeking a Shipping Manager, fluent in the Russian language, to run the art shipping department.
You will have sole responsibility for managing the logistics and shipping documentation relevant to Consignments of art objects for sale at London auction.
Many Consignments arrive in the UK from outside of the EU and therefore knowledge of Import VAT and Customs Duties is required. Moreover awareness of Temporary Admissions (TA) and ATA CARNET is preferred.
Given that some items contain animal or floral materials you will manage the process regarding CITES certificate.
You will have excellent client liaison skills with proven ability to communicate professionally with global HNW clients – who are selling art works and buying art works.
Key Responsibilities :
- Pre-sale liaison with Consignor (the seller of art work) to arrange shipping of Consignment (such as paintings, works on paper, and Icons) for sale at Auction in Central London (Mayfair)
- Manage inbound logistics (import) ensuring Customs Clearance upon arrival in UK of the Fine Art objects to be exhibited and sold by our client – a leading auctioneers
- Check and carry out administration related UK Customs Duty & Import VAT for items arriving from outside of the European Union (EU) including ATA CARNET and Temporary Admissions (TA) administration
- Make certain of CITES Licences where required – for example in relation to import export of Icons containing animal or floral material
- Liaise with Consignee post sale (shipping agent or buyer)
- Ensure Export and Import Licences are in place as relevant post-sale
- Obtain quotes from shipping partners & related service providers
- Assess & verify shipping requirements including packing requirements related to highly valuable art works
- Monitor performance of shipping agents / freight forwarders / art transport companies against service level requirements
- Maintain Inventory Management Software
- Supervise shipping department interns
- Work with internal finance, legal, and administrative teams to ensure top tier service for buyers and sellers
Candidate specification : Fine Art Shipping Manager :
- Bi- Lingual : Русский (Russian) & English
- At least 3 years experience of shipping logistics experience
- Experience of Russian Customs procedures is essential (importing goods to Russia from UK)
- Knowledge and experience of UK customs duty and import VAT relevant to goods imported to the UK from countries outside of the European Union (EU)
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills with the proven ability to work autonomously and take ownership of situations
- Well developed commercial acumen and financial ability
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High standard of personal presentation relevant to a luxury corporate environment
- An interest in the Arts Business is preferred however it is not essential that you have Art Shipping experience
Terms & Conditions :
- Contract : Permanent position
- Days / Hours : Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.
During busy periods you will work over-time, including occasional weekends.
- Location : Piccadilly, Central London.
- Salary : £35-45k + Bonus (salary dependent on experience)
You’ll benefit from an excellent bi-annual bonus £££
This job is immediately available therefore do not delay in applying.