Fine Art Shipping Manager.
- Manage the shipping requirements (inbound & outbound) of the Russian Art department at a leading Fine Art auctioneers.
- Provide exceptional service to HNW clients and members of staff
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective import & export of fine art objects
- Manage compliance with associated import & export laws and regulations
Ideal opportunity for an experienced shipping co-ordinator wanting a shipping manager position.
Enjoy sole responsibility for shipping requirements of Russian Art department.
Candidate specification : Fine Art Shipping Manager.
- Languages : Русский (Russian) & English
- Experience of working in a shipping department / logistics department
- Knowledge and experience of :
- UK customs duty and import VAT
- Temporary admission scheme and ATA Carnet
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Well developed commercial acumen
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High standard of personal presentation relevant to a luxury retail environment
- An interest in the Arts Business
Key responsibilities :
- Liaise with UK & International vendors coordinating logistics services
- Obtaining quotes from shipping partners & related service providers
- Assessing & verifying shipments requirements including packing
- Obtaining of Export Licences relevant to movements of Fine Art objects
- Application & administration of Carnet and/or Cities Licences where relevant (e.g. Icons)
- Performing pre-sale VAT checks
- Monitoring shippers’ performance against service level requirements
- Data inputting into inventory management software
- Supervising shipping department interns
Terms & Conditions :
- Contract : Permanent position
- Days / Hours : Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.
During busy periods you will work over-time, including occasional weekends.
- Location : Piccadilly, Central London.
- Salary : £35-45k + Bonus (salary dependent on experience)
You’ll benefit from an excellent bi-annual bonus £££
This job is immediately available therefore do not delay in applying.