Senior Medical Writer (Publications)
At least 2 years of experience working as a Medical Writer required
Senior Medical Writer (Publications)
- Summary of Candidate Criteria : At least 2 years experience as a Medical Writer.
- Date of Advert Posting : Tuesday, 19 May 2020
- Start Date of Job : This is an immediately available vacancy. It is anticipated therefore that, following a job offer, you will be in a position to commence employment as soon as possible and certainly within 3 months of accepting the job offer.
- Location of Job : Ideally located in stunning modern offices in Central London close to several mainline stations and tube stations. Moreover flexible working hours and working from home days are encouraged.
- Salary range & Benefits : The starting salary is up to 38k
Supporting the development & delivery of deliverables for medical publication plans which allow the dissemination of clinical & scientific data via peer review journals. The aim of such publications is to raise disease awareness, and influence behaviours of Prescribers & Payers. For the avoidance of doubt a prescriber is a General Practitioner (GP), Nurse, Pharmacist, or other HealthCare Professional with responsibility for issuing medical prescriptions. A Payer is the organisation which is responsible for the allocating of expenditure for the purchase of drugs; for example a Payer might be a national government body deciding its budget priorities for its health service provision.
Pharma. & BioTech Companies therefore want to educate, inform, and influence Payers & Prescribers so that the drug which they have created is purchased and prescribed to patients.
Commonly the objectives of the Medical Publications Plan include :
- Educate about a particular disease. For example this could be a Rare Disease, a new Disease, or new data about a well known condition
- Inform about the effectiveness /efficacy of current treatment options available for patients
- Raise awareness of what the clinical trial data shows and why it could provide improvements in patient outcomes
Senior Medical Writer (Publications) : Job Function
The job function splits into 70% strategic client services and 30% medical writing of materials for publication plans. This means that the job is interesting and varied.
Strategic input – 70% of your time
- For 70% of your time you are accountable for :
- liaising with your pharmaceutical company client in order to understand the clinical data and commercial objectives
- working with the client to establish the scientific narrative which includes creating the editorial plan in order to best communicate the data to healthcare professionals
- deciding on the deliverables to be produced, and the manner in which they are to disseminated, including target journals and scientific congress – in other words you’re accountable for the Publications Plan
- overseeing the smooth running of the Publications Plan whereby you ensure the timely creation, approval, and submission of the various deliverables
- because you are a senior member of the medical publications team you shall allocate tasks to junior team members, for example this might include writing of first drafts, gap analysis, and journal research
- naturally it is essential that all content is of the highest quality in terms of scientific accuracy and compliance with the client’s brand guidelines and as such you’re responsible for approval of materials
Medical Writing – 30% of your time
- To execute the editorial plan you are responsible for some hands-on drafting, and medical writing of deliverables such as abstracts, scientific conference posters, scientific manuscripts, and scientific presentations. Given that you are a Senior member of the team, you will take responsibility for the complex writing tasks and therefore you’ll allocate less complex tasks to junior team members.
Candidate criteria : Senior Medical Writer (Publications)
- PhD in biomedical life sciences.
- Experience of working in a Medical Communications Agency.
- Ability to liaise with representatives of the Pharmaceutical company client regarding clinical data, and key messages
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Medical Writer, Account Manager, or Medical Publications Manager.
- It’s important that you demonstrate an understanding of the Peer Review process.
- Because you’re accountable for delivering material for scientific journals it’s essential that you are familiar with the requirements relating to the writing of deliverables such as Scientific Journal Abstracts, Manuscript Outlines, Primary Manuscripts, Scientific Posters, and Oral Presentations.
- It is not possible for the Employer to provide Employee Sponsorship and therefore it is essential that you currently have the Right to work in the UK.
5 reasons why this Medical Communications Agency is the one you want to work for :
- You’ll have a career with one of the largest healthcare communications groups in the world. The accounts to which you shall contribute are high value, stimulating, & complex. You shall be making an impact at the cutting edge of disease education, and treatments. It’s common for Medical Publication Plans to have a minimum of 200 deliverables.
- An opportunity to be part of a highly credible agency which is a thought leader in the development of Good Publication Practice ; this means you get excellent learning opportunity and the chance to contribute to ISMPP
- Structured personal development plan which makes certain that your career & personal skills development goals are met. Promotion is clearly signposted whereby the skills and behaviours you need to progress are transparent. This means you can be confident in what you need to do in order to progress your career.
- Continual learning is essential and therefore you have access to a super in-house training & learning academy. Moreover this is a highly collegiate multi-cultural working environment. Collaboration with your colleagues, across the global offices, means you deliver high quality results to your clients. Share ideas in a professional, intelligent, and respectful manner. This is an open & supportive working culture.
- Wellbeing. The agency cares for your work-place wellbeing by making certain that you do not work excessive hours. Additionally you will find that flexible working, which includes options for working from home, is supported.
How to Apply :
- Click the green Apply Now button below to send your CV.
This is an immediately available vacancy. Don’t delay in clicking the APPLY NOW button to send your CV.
Note : Interviews During Covid19 LockDown
Because of the current Social Distancing guidance, implemented because of the Covid19 Pandemic, you will attend a video interview. It is not necessary for you to attend an in-person interview in order to receive an offer of employment.