Senior Medical Writer – CME
Senior Medical Writer – CME
Medical Education Agency which is a specialist in the development of content for Continuing Medical Education / Independent Medical Education (CME / IME) programs.
This medical writer job vacancy is an ideal opportunity for a medical writer with an interest in developing medical education content (MedEd) which is to be presented during live medical events, or is to be published in print and online.
As Medical Writer you shall transform complex science and clinical data, into learning materials which are written for an audience of practising health care professionals.
The Medical Education programs include :
- Educational meetings & symposia, that includes events such as CME certified symposia attended by clinicians
- Live meetings & workshops which have an audience of Health Care Professionals
- Medical Education Articles for publishing in Scientific and Medical Journals
- Chapters for publication in Medical Reference books
- Multi-media technologies which includes deliverables such as eLearning tools, Medical Animations, and Educational Video
About the Employer :
The medical education agency is a significant thought-leader in the establishment of Good CME Practice and therefore this means that you will join a terrific team, which consists of medical writers, account managers, scientific editors, instructional designers, and digital creatives.
The agency maintains excellent relationships with members of academic faculties, as well as with scientific institutions, and hospitals. This means that the highest of editorial & regulatory standards are maintained at all times.
Because you will join a large global medical communications agency, with multiple global offices and 1,000 staff you will find that you benefit from excellent opportunities for your career progression and your personal development.
Moreover because the agency has an internal training academy you will benefit from continual learning which is bespoke to your needs. Furthermore your personal learning takes place away from your desk, in the dedicated learning space, and therefore this means that you will learn from colleagues across the healthcare communications group.
Furthermore because there is a centralised HR function you will benefit from a structured formal process regarding personal development reviews, salary reviews, bonus calculations, and company wide Town Hall events.
Being a medical writer within this large independent business, whereby you work with top-tier Pharma clients, means that you have the benefit of delivering MedEd programs in a very well resourced environment. For example there is centralised travel & logistics team to organise meetings & events. Because of this well resourced team environment you get to focus 100% on writing excellent content.
Responsibilities – Senior Medical Writer
As Medical Writer you have specific responsibility for :
- Writing medical education content for live, print, and digital IME and CME programmes
- Editing copy received from external contributors as well that written by colleagues
- Liaising with the medical publishing team regarding journal & book publication process
- Participating in client meetings with the Pharmaceutical Company sponsor
- Maintaining best scientific editorial practice and best CME practice
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory codes and best practice guides such as gCMEp (The Good CME Practice group)
- Ensuring regular liaison with internal agency teams
- Quality control – providing oversight as regards editorial
- Reviewing of content prior to submission to client
- Delivering editorial and scientific product training to internal teams
Senior Medical Writer – Candidate Criteria
- Experience of working as a Medical Writer within a Medical Communications Agency (MedComms), Medical Education Agency, STM Publisher, or Medical Education Provider
- An interest in developing content for Independent Medical Education (IME) and Certified CME programmes
- Good team player comfortable interacting with scientific, publishing, writing, editorial, and other internal teams regarding scientific content development
- Professional communication skills with a high standard of written & spoken English
- Life sciences degree
How to Apply :
This is an immediately available job vacancy and therefore don’t delay in sending your CV. Click the green button below.