Senior Medical Publications Manager. Amsterdam.
- You will lead on the creating & delivery of materials for global medical publications plans.
Date of Advert Posting : Tuesday, 19 May 2020
Start Date of Job : This is an immediately available vacancy. It is anticipated therefore that, following a job offer, you will be in a position to commence employment as soon as possible and certainly within 3 months of accepting the job offer.
Location of Job : Located in the centre of Amsterdam, Netherlands which means you will find your commute very easy. Moreover flexible working is very much encouraged meaning you have the option of flexible working hours as well as a split of home & office working.
Salary Range & Benefits : The salary range for this job vacancy starts at €uro 55,000 and goes to €uro 60,000. In addition to this basic salary you benefit from the following :
- Holiday allowance (8% of the year salary)
- 13th month payment
- Annual incentive bonus (based on your individual performance)
- Salary review every year with increase based on how well you perform in your role
- Discretionary “on the spot” bonus which is awarded by your line manager as a reward for a particularly special contribution you have made
- 27 days paid annual holiday entitlement
- Collective healthcare insurance
- Generous Pension scheme
Tax Benefit note for ExPats (Migrants to Netherlands) :
- If you are migrant locating to the Netherlands for work you might be entitled to apply for a 30% Tax Rebate. The Employer will assist you in making your application and moreover will reimburse your legal expenses. To read more about this excellent benefit follow this link : 30% Tax Rule.
5 reasons why this Medical Communications Agency is the one you want to work for :
- You’ll have a career with one of the largest healthcare communications groups in the world. The accounts to which you shall contribute are high value, stimulating, & complex. You shall be making an impact at the cutting edge of disease education, and treatments. It’s common for Medical Publication Plans to have a minimum of 200 deliverables.
- An opportunity to be part of a highly credible agency which is a thought leader in the development of Good Publication Practice ; this means you get excellent learning opportunity and the chance to contribute to ISMPP
- Structured personal development plan which makes certain that your career & personal skills development goals are met. Promotion is clearly signposted whereby the skills and behaviours you need to progress are transparent. This means you can be confident in what you need to do in order to progress your career.
- Continual learning is essential and therefore you have access to a super in-house training & learning academy. Moreover this is a highly collegiate multi-cultural working environment. Collaboration with your colleagues, across the global offices, means you deliver high quality results to your clients. Share ideas in a professional, intelligent, and respectful manner. This is an open & supportive working culture.
- Wellbeing. The agency cares for your work-place wellbeing by making certain that you do not work excessive hours. Additionally you will find that flexible working, which includes options for working from home, is supported.
Job Function : Senior Medical Publications Manager
The job function splits into 70% strategic client services and 30% medical writing of materials for publication plans. This means that the job is interesting and varied.
Strategic input – 70% of your time
- For 70% of your time you are accountable for :
- liaising with your pharmaceutical company client in order to understand the clinical data and commercial objectives
- working with the client to establish the scientific narrative which includes creating the editorial plan in order to best communicate the data to healthcare professionals
- deciding on the deliverables to be produced, and the manner in which they are to disseminated, including target journals and scientific congress – in other words you’re accountable for the Publications Plan
- overseeing the smooth running of the Publications Plan whereby you ensure the timely creation, approval, and submission of the various deliverables
- because you are a senior member of the medical publications team you shall allocate tasks to junior team members, for example this might include writing of first drafts, gap analysis, and journal research
- naturally it is essential that all content is of the highest quality in terms of scientific accuracy and compliance with the client’s brand guidelines and as such you’re responsible for approval of materials
Medical Writing – 30% of your time
- To execute the editorial plan you are responsible for some hands-on drafting, and medical writing of deliverables such as abstracts, scientific conference posters, scientific manuscripts, and scientific presentations. Given that you are a Senior member of the team, you will take responsibility for the complex writing tasks and therefore you’ll allocate less complex tasks to junior team members.
Candidate criteria : Senior Medical Publications Manager
- PhD in biomedical life sciences
- Experience of working in a Medical Communications Agency with client facing responsibilities
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Medical Writer, Account Manager, or Medical Publications Manager
- It’s important that you demonstrate an understanding of the Peer Review process and moreover that you know how to create a Medical Publications Plan
- Because you’re accountable for delivering material for scientific journals it’s essential that you are familiar with writing Scientific Journal Abstracts, Manuscript Outlines, Primary Manuscripts, Scientific Posters, and Oral Presentations.
- It is not possible for the Employer to provide Employee Sponsorship and therefore it is essential that you currently have the Right to work in the Netherlands
How to Apply :
- Click the green Apply Now button below to send your CV.
This is an immediately available vacancy. Don’t delay in clicking the APPLY NOW button to send your CV.
Note : Interviews During Covid19 LockDown
Because of the current Social Distancing guidance, implemented because of the Covid19 Pandemic, you will attend a video interview. It is not necessary for you to attend an in-person interview in order to receive an offer of employment.