Scientific Team Leader
Snapshot : Scientific Team Leader
The Medical Affairs team at a Medical Communications Agency offers an ideal job opportunity whereby you will line manage a team of medical writers and medical editors, to deliver medical education and medical communications programmes.
You will join the Scientific Content Team, as Scientific Team Lead, with responsibility for overseeing complex medical communications projects, line managing your medical writing team, and moreover you shall provide scientific leadership regarding the creation of scientific content to be used in medical educational and communications campaigns.
You will benefit from a high degree of autonomy in your day to day work which means that you will have the chance to truly shape & influence the direction of your client accounts.
Travelling to Scientific Congress, Client meetings, and other events is require and on occasion this will include weekend working and overnight stays.
This is an office based position located in Central London.
The Employer :
The employer, offering this position of Scientific Team Leader, is an independent Medical Communications Agency; the agency designs and delivers educational and promotional campaigns on behalf of top-tier pharmaceutical companies.
Underpinning the campaigns, which you will deliver is the following 3 communication objectives :
- Inspiring change amongst healthcare professionals through medical education – ensuring primary care professionals and specialists are aware of current cutting edge clinical research.
- Influencing clinical practice by raising awareness of and promoting new drugs developed by Pharmaceutical companies
- Improving patient outcomes – all those who work at the agency are motivated by knowing what they do will lead to better quality of life and improve the treatment of disease
With an in-house team of medical writers, editors, creatives, digital experts, technical wizards, account managers, project managers, and marketing strategists this medical communications agency delivers exceptional multi-channel medical education and/or healthcare marketing campaigns.
Scientific Team Leader – Responsibilities :
- End to end management responsibility for scientific content across one or more therapy areas to include :
- Strategic content guidance to pharmaceutical company clients
- Meeting with pharmaceutical company clients regarding scientific strategy
- Providing scientific leadership to your team of medical writers & editors
- Managing resourcing to ensure timely delivery of content
- Scheduling of work with Creative & Digital teams
- Quality control. Review & approve content making certain copy is scientifically correct.
- Coordinate sign-off with account management teams regarding sign-off for compliance with pharmaceutical marketing regulations, and further that the content meets the client’s medical education and/or communications objectives.
- Line managing your team of medical writers & editors to include :
- Performance & personal development reviews
- Managing training requirements
- Budget monitoring in coordination with the client services team
- New business development by contributing scientific expertise to pitch proposals
- Attending new business pitches as Scientific Lead
- Representing your employer at pharmaceutical industry events such as those held by MAPS
- Proactively seek ways to improve efficiency, quality, and team goals
Scientific Team Leader – Candidate Criteria :
- Biomedical / life sciences degree education
- Work experience in a Medical Communications Agency, Healthcare Publishing, or Pharmaceutical Company (Medical Affairs or Marketing teams)
- Demonstrable ability to line-manage a team
- Interest in developing a management career within medical communications
- Confident communicator with ability to provide scientific leadership
- Capacity to travel to scientific congress, symposia, medical events, and client meetings held in the UK, and overseas. This travel to include Air Travel. Moreover you must have the availability to attend medical conferences & events requiring overnight stays of one or more nights.
- Good PowerPoint skills
How to apply :
The Employer is keen to secure a candidate as soon as possible. Do not delay. Hit the green APPLY NOW button below to send your CV.