Publications Manager (Medical Communications)
Publications Manager (Medical Communications)
Date of Advert Posting : Wednesday, 20 May 2020
Start Date of Job : This is an immediately available vacancy. It is anticipated therefore that, following a job offer, you will be in a position to commence employment as soon as possible and certainly within 3 months of accepting the job offer.
Location of Job : Located in the centre of Amsterdam, Netherlands which means you will find your commute very easy. Moreover flexible working is very much encouraged meaning you have the option of flexible working hours as well as a split of home & office working.
Salary Range & Benefits : The salary range for this job vacancy starts at €uro 46,000 and goes to €uro 53,000. In addition to this basic salary you benefit from the following :
- Holiday allowance (8% of the year salary)
- 13th month payment
- Annual incentive bonus (based on your individual performance)
- Salary review every year with increase based on how well you perform in your role
- Discretionary “on the spot” bonus which is awarded by your line manager as a reward for a particularly special contribution you have made
- 27 days paid annual holiday entitlement
- Collective healthcare insurance
- Generous Pension scheme
Tax Benefit note for ExPats (Migrants to Netherlands) :
- If you are migrant locating to the Netherlands for work you might be entitled to apply for a 30% Tax Rebate. The Employer will assist you in making your application and moreover will reimburse your legal expenses. To read more about this excellent benefit follow this link : 30% Tax Rule.
5 reasons why this Medical Communications Agency is the one you want to work for :
- You’ll have a career with one of the largest healthcare communications groups in the world. The accounts to which you shall contribute are high value, stimulating, & complex. You shall be making an impact at the cutting edge of disease education, and treatments. It’s common for Medical Publication Plans to have a minimum of 200 deliverables.
- An opportunity to be part of a highly credible agency which is a thought leader in the development of Good Publication Practice ; this means you get excellent learning opportunity and the chance to contribute to ISMPP
- Structured personal development plan which makes certain that your career & personal skills development goals are met. Promotion is clearly signposted whereby the skills and behaviours you need to progress are transparent. This means you can be confident in what you need to do in order to progress your career.
- Continual learning is essential and therefore you have access to a super in-house training & learning academy. Moreover this is a highly collegiate multi-cultural working environment. Collaboration with your colleagues, across the global offices, means you deliver high quality results to your clients. Share ideas in a professional, intelligent, and respectful manner. This is an open & supportive working culture.
- Wellbeing. The agency cares for your work-place wellbeing by making certain that you do not work excessive hours. Additionally you will find that flexible working, which includes options for working from home, is supported.
Publications Manager (Medical Communications) – Job Function
The job function splits equally into client services and medical writing. This means that the job is interesting and varied. You’re accountable for client management, project management, and writing of materials for Publication Plans.
Client Management function :
- You’ll liaise with representatives of the Medical Affairs, and Publications Planning teams at the pharmaceutical company client in order to understand the clinical trial and scientific data relevant to the disease and treatment options
- So as to make certain that Publication plans progress smoothly it is your responsibility to oversee the timely delivery of deliverables for the medical publication plan. Deliverables include scientific posters for presentation at medical congress, as well as scientific manuscripts for dissemination via peer review publications.
Medical Writing function :
- In addition to your client management function it is your function to make certain that the scientific narrative is clear and meets the needs of a varied audience of healthcare professionals. To perform this function you engage with the data to establish the editorial plan.
- To execute the editorial plan you are responsible for hands-on drafting, and medical writing of deliverables such as abstracts, scientific conference posters, scientific manuscripts, and scientific presentations.
- Further you will allocate tasks such as Gap Analysis, Journal research, and junior editorial tasks to Associate Medical Writers.
Candidate Criteria : Publications Manager (Medical Communications)
- PhD biomedical life sciences
- At least 1 year of experience working in a medical communications agency
- Experience working as a Medical Publications Manager, Account Manager, Program Manager or Medical Writer
- It’s important that you demonstrate an understanding of the Peer Review process
- Some awareness of the Medical Publications Planning process within a Medical Communications Agency
- Because you’re accountable for delivering material for scientific journals it’s essential that you are familiar with writing Scientific Journal Abstracts, Manuscript Outlines, Primary Manuscripts, Scientific Posters, and Oral Presentations.
- It will be helpful if you have some knowledge of Good Publications Practice such as GPP3
- It is not possible for the Employer to provide Employee Sponsorship and therefore it is essential that you currently have the Right to work in the Netherlands
Note : Interviews During Covid19 LockDown
Because of the current Social Distancing guidance, implemented because of the Covid19 Epidemic, you will attend a series of video interviews. It is not necessary for you to attend an in-person interview in order to receive an offer of employment.
How to apply.
Click the green APPLY NOW button to send your CV.