Program Director Medical Communications
Program Director Medical Communications
Medical Communications Agency
Positioned within the Client Services division, at a world leading medical communications agency, it is your responsibility as Program Director, to lead a team of account managers in the delivery of medical educational & communication programs. Programs include live medical education events and eLearning programs, which are delivered to meet the communications needs of top Pharmaceutical & BioTech Companies.
As Program Director Medical Communications it is your responsibility to :
- Provide leadership of a Client Services Team. This includes managing staff located in overseas offices and working across functions, in other words, you will be a team leader in a Matrix Management structure
- Mentor and inspire the members of your client services team, for instance, by demonstrating best practice. Moreover you will, as leader, make certain that you inform, educate, and motivate your direct reports.
- Conduct regular staff appraisals with your direct reports. This ensures the delivery of the training objectives and career development goals of your team.
- Working as a member of the management team you are responsible for the profitability of your client accounts and this includes identifying & developing new business opportunities with existing clients
- Lead on providing client consultancy which, for instance, includes giving strategic client counsel, for the creation of medical communication programs
Benefits of working for this Employer :
Challenging & stimulating medical communications accounts :
- It’s one of the largest healthcare communications agencies in the world. This means :
- You benefit from working in a well resourced business. This means you focus 100% on doing what you do best, and that is delivering strategic client counsel and leading your team. For example the services of Program Coordinators. Program Coordinators do everything from liaising with event planners to chasing the in-house creative studio on your material.
- Because of a well-oiled business development team and moreover the consistent high quality work produced you get to work on complex high value strategic projects.
- As this is a global business, attracting the best people, you will benefit from working with a diverse multi-cultural team of highly motivated skilled colleagues. This therefore creates a dynamic workplace environment. You will encourage your team to share ideas openly so that your team delivers well considered, best in class programs, for the benefit of your clients.
Career Development assured :
- The Employer has experienced consistent double-digit revenue growth. This means :
- Career advancement is certain as the business continues to grow its headcount
- To support your personal development you will have a highly structured development plan making certain that your career growth & your personal skills development goals are achieved
- With an in-house training & learning academy you benefit from a classroom learning environment and also workshops and therefore you learn away from the desk which gives means time and space to learn. At the learning academy you learn alongside staff, from across the global offices. Therefore you get to share ideas, and best practice.
Excellent Central London location
- Fantastic offices with a Roof Terrace to enjoy lunch with the skyline of Central London for company, lots of break-out spaces to enjoy your coffee break, and if you decide to venture out you’ll be spilt for choice with a plethora of bars, cafes, and restaurants.
Sensible work / life balance :
- Flexible working supported including home / office split
- No crazy long hours for you and your team. Because this is a well resourced agency there is plenty of time, in a normal working day, to deliver on your client’s objectives.
Competitive Salary & Financial Benefits package :
- Starting salary is £55.600 per annum
10-15% annual bonus potential paid on top of your annual gross salary
- Annual salary review
- Yearly bonus based on your personal performance
- Opportunity for on-the-spot financial rewards
- 25 days paid annual leave which increases to 28 days paid holiday after one year
- Generous employer contribution to pension scheme
- Life insurance cover
Program Director Medical Communications : Candidate Criteria :
- It is necessary to demonstrate the competencies required of a respected team leader and manager.
- The ability to lead in a Matrix Management structure is necessary because the Client Services teams work together across the global offices and cross functional. It is therefore essential that you demonstrate the management skills necessary to manage a Matrix Team
- Experience of working in a Client Services capacity, whereby you have been a lead for client counsel, in the development of strategic medical communications materials is essential because you will be leading on client consultancy
- Employment experience gained within a Medical Communications Agency or Pharmaceutical Company is essential because it is necessary that you can demonstrate an understanding of the role which Medical Affairs and Healthcare Marketing has within the commercial drug development process
- You will be the leader in the creation of the client’s communication strategy. It is therefore important that you have an interest in the application of adult learning methodologies.
- An understanding of complex scientific and clinical data, and that you can apply this across multiple disease areas.
- You will need to have the Right to work in the UK. Employer sponsorship, for this job vacancy, is not possible.
How to Apply :
The anticipated start date for this job vacancy, of Program Director Medical Communications, is no later than April 2020.
Interviews will be held December 2019 through February 2020. Don’t delay. Apply now.
To send your CV please click the green “APPLY NOW” button below.