Program Director Medical Education
Program Director Medical Education
As a member of the Client Services team, at a world leading medical communications agency, you create strategy and lead the client services team to deliver medical education & medical communications programs.
As Program Director Medical Education you have responsibility for :
- Strategic insight. Creating communications programs supported by science, communications strategy, and creativity.
- Leading the Client Services Team, including line managing staff who are located in overseas offices and who work across functions. In other words, you will be a team leader who is comfortable with working in a Matrix Management structure
- Recruiting of client services staff and medical writers. As the business grows you will lead the resource planning so as to meet the new business demands of this fast growing MedComms & MedEd team.
- Mentoring and inspiring your team members by informing, educating, and motivating them.
- Staff appraisals so as to make sure that your team are meeting company & personal objectives
- Profitability of accounts. You will monitor budgets to be certain that service levels stay within client budget and moreover making certain that accounts are not over-serviced.
- New business. Identifying opportunities for business growth which exist within your existing clients, and further providing expertise which will support the Business Development Team in their preparing of pitches and proposals.
The benefits, you will experience, working at this Medical Communications Agency are :
Challenging & stimulating medical communications accounts :
- Because you will work in a well resourced business you will get to focus 100% on what you do best which is providing strategic client counsel and leading your team. For example Program Coordinators are available in order to ensure the smooth delivery of programs, whether that be liaising with event planners regarding logistics of medical conferences, coordinating the delivery of slide decks, or ensuring the in-house design studio is on track with the creative work.
- The business development team wins high value projects which means you get to work across highly complex strategic global medical education programs.
- This global business attracts high calibre talent, meaning therefore that you will work with a diverse multi-cultural team of highly motivated colleagues in an office environment which is dynamic and intellectually stimulating.
Career Development assured :
- With consistent double-digit revenue growth you will get to enjoy :
- Excellent career development as the business continues to grow its headcount. In fact this is a key hire meaning you shall be leading in the creation of the medical education team.
- Highly structured personal development plans which makes certain your career growth & personal development goals are achieved.
Excellent Central London location
- These really are fantastic offices. You have a Roof Terrace from which to enjoy your lunch on a sunny day. From your desk you have a view of the River Thames. The modern building enjoys much natural light. Moreover you will get to build connections with related agencies, in the same building, such as Healthcare PR, and Advertising which means good opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning and collaboration. Moreover there is plenty of comfortable break-out spaces where you can enjoy an informal meeting or find a quiet moment for a coffee. When you decide to venture out of the office you are spoilt for choice with a plethora of bars and cafes.
Sensible work / life balance :
- Flexible working is fully supported including home / office split
- Because this is a well resourced agency there is plenty of time, in a normal working day, to deliver on your client’s objectives and as such this means you will not find yourself working crazy long hours because after-all you can only do your best work for your clients when you’re at your personal best.
Competitive Salary & Financial Benefits package :
- Starting salary is from £75k to £85 per annum, dependent upon your experience
10-15% annual bonus potential paid on top of your annual gross salary
- Annual salary review
- Yearly bonus based on your personal performance
- Opportunity for on-the-spot financial rewards
- 25 days paid annual leave which increases to 28 days paid holiday after one year
- Generous employer contribution to pension scheme
- Life insurance cover
Candidate Criteria for Program Director Medical Education :
- It is necessary that you can demonstrate the competencies required of a respected team leader and manager. Therefore experience of working as an Account Director or Program Director is essential.
- Because this is a client services position you will have experience of working within a medical communications or medical education agency. Experience of working within a Medical Communications Agency or Medical Education provider is also essential because it is necessary that you demonstrate an understanding of the role which Medical Affairs and Healthcare Marketing plays within the commercial drug development process
- You will need to show the ability to lead a Client Services Team within a Matrix Management structure. This is because the Client Services teams work together across the agency’s global offices. Moreover teams are cross functional, working with partners, such as Healthcare PR agencies.
- Client facing experience is essential so that you can provide strategic client counsel as regards the development of medical communications programs which are of high scientific rigour, give value to healthcare professionals in respect of their medical education and treatment of patients, encourages behavioural change amongst the prescribing pattern of HCPs, and are creative in their delivery.
How to Apply :
The anticipated start date for this job vacancy, of Program Director Medical Education , is no later than July 2020.
Interviews will be held March 2020 through May 2020. Don’t delay. Apply now.
To send your CV please click the green “APPLY NOW” button below.