Principal Medical Writer Oncology
The Employer :
With more than two decades of delivering excellence in the medical communications field this is a smooth operator; in fact it’s one of the largest healthcare communications groups around. With an independent entrepreneurial management board the business provides excellent opportunities for career progression across its UK and Global Offices. With over 1,000 staff there is plenty of scope for change – while a big operation its stayed agile by empowering business unit heads to make quick decisions; all of which means that whatever you want to do there will be space for you to do it. An internal training academy and well structured HR processes means you benefit from continual learning and access to UK and International Career Opportunities.
Located in the heart of the City of London you’re in easy walking distance of many tube stations including Liverpool Street, Moorgate, and Old Street. Flexible working is very much encouraged meaning you have the option of flexible working hours as well as a split of home & office working.
Principal Medical Writer Oncology Responsibilities
Joining the Oncology team you will line manage medical writers. The Oncology team prepare medical education & medical communications materials for products at Pre-launch and Peri-launch , including blockbuster oncology drugs. You will be principal scientific content lead on the account having contact with some of the world’s leading scientists and health care professionals. You will work with client services staff to develop and ensure delivery of the medical communications strategy for one of the largest global pharma groups. As a leading member of the highly scientific oncology team you shall have specific responsibility for :
- Line managing other medical writers allocating workload, taking responsibility for their mentoring, and identifying training requirements
- Analysing the commercial drug development & scientific landscape in Oncology
- Maintaining primary contact with the pharmaceutical company client regarding scientific content
- Attending Advisory Board meetings
- Ensuring regular liaison with internal agency teams
- Key Opinion Leaders relationship building
- Maintaining best editorial practice ensuring compliance with regulatory codes of practice
- Quality control – providing oversight as regards editorial
- Reviewing of content prior to submission to client
- Delivering editorial and scientific product training
Principal Medical Writer Oncology Candidate Criteria
- Knowledge of therapeutic and scientific issues relevant to Oncology drug development
- Experience of working as a Senior Medical Writer to include :
- creating medical communications and/or medical education materials
- experience working on-site with clients – particularly attending Advisory Boards
- Good team player comfortable interacting with client services, editorial, and other internal teams regarding scientific content development
- Ability to review the work produced by other Medical Writer
To Apply :
This is an immediately available job vacancy. Don’t delay in sending your CV.
Click the green APPLY NOW button below to send your CV.