PR Account Director
PR Account Director – job summary
In this position you lead the delivery of PR & Brand strategy campaigns for UK and International clients in visual arts & culture sphere.
As Account Director you line manage a core team consisting of PR Account Managers, Account Executives, and Interns. You allocate work to the team, and define the team’s priorities. It is your responsibility to be sure that project delivery is on budget and is on time. Moreover you monitor your team’s work because after-all you have be sure that your client’s deliverables stay on message.
Ultimately it is your responsibility, as Account Director, to be sure that PR campaigns, which are created for your clients, deliver the results expected by the agency’s clients. Therefore you lead the briefing of your team regarding the campaign’s strategy. Additionally you initiate internal team meetings so that the team discuss the client list, and brainstorm ideas for use in campaigns.
In the position of Account Director you work closely with the directors of the PR Agency. You are a key driver of making sure excellence is delivered across all aspects of client and team management. Your remit includes Account Direction, Client Relations, Media Relations, Team Management, and New Business.
The communications services which the agency delivers, for its clients in the visual arts & culture sector, includes client advocacy, brand strategy, media relations, digital communications.
Your Client List as PR Account Director – Visual Arts PR
This is your opportunity to contribute creative PR, communications, marketing, and brand development ideas for an exciting UK and International client list including a super wide range of commercial, heritage, and not-for-profit organisations within the Visual Arts cultural sphere. In the position of PR Account Director you will ensure the delivery of communications objectives for organisations such as the following :
- commercial art galleries
- auction houses
- art fairs
- art prizes & award
- cultural events
- heritage institutions,
- arts & cultural festivals
- cultural zones
- individual artists studios
Clients range from promising new projects through to long term agency clients and this variety means that you will get to enjoy a wonderfully varied portfolio of communications and media activity from creating a VIP programme to pitching a press release to an Arts Journalist.
Moreover you have the opportunity to be proactive in seeking new business, as well as initiating ideas for business development and also brand partnerships. As Account Director you will take the lead when it comes to creating new business proposals. All of this new business activity means that you have the chance to cultivate new clients for the agency. It is worth noting that you are paid a new business bonus for clients which you introduce to the agency.
Additionally you will represent the Agency at various arts industry events in addition to attending at least 3 private views each month; all of which means that you have the good fortune to engage with your existing clients as well as develop relationships with prospective new clients.
Why you should join this Arts PR Agency ?
As well as the pleasure and stimulating challenge that comes from working with an enviable international visual arts & culture client list you should join this PR agency if you value a positive company culture which supports and rewards excellence.
The senior management team have pride in creating a friendly and open culture whereby all ideas, that are presented, receive time and thought. As a creative results driven culture you get to be involved in all aspects of maintaining and developing the Agency’s reputation, such as writing original content for the agency’s social media channels, writing case studies which showcase the success of a communications project delivered for your client, networking at private views and arts events such as those held at Soho House and The Arts Club on Dover Street
What about your career development ?
Your career development is truly supported by the senior management, for example through the offering of internal & external training courses, bi-annual appraisals to make certain that your personal goals are being met and supported, annual salary reviews which make certain you are being rewarded for the work you deliver.
Moreover support for your personal & cultural wellbeing
This is essential because after-all you only do excellent work if your wellbeing is on message – just like you want your client’s campaigns be on message. You get a monthly cultural bonus so that you can enjoy all that London has to offer, early Friday finish meaning you get your weekend off to a fabulous start, and if a weekend is too short you have the option of taking a 3 month sabbatical once you’ve worked for three years.
Further and lastly, however certainly by no means least, you benefit from the mentoring of highly respected PR leaders working in the world of Visual Arts PR.
Responsibilities. PR Account Director :
Leading Client Accounts :
- Lead on client meetings
- Demonstrate to your clients the coverage achieved and also anticipated
- Formulate campaign, copy, and brand strategy
- Monitor the delivery of client service so that you make sure excellence is maintained
- Because you lead on client accounts you will liaise with your core team to get client status reports
- As a key driver across your accounts you will maintain an awareness of the media landscape relevant to client accounts
Managing a team.
- Ensure that your core team of Account Managers, Account Executives, and Interns receive training & mentoring
- Motivate your direct reports by being a respected leader in the agency
- Brief your team on the communications strategy which apples to your client’s accounts
- Monitoring your team’s work so as to be sure client work is in line with strategy, timeline, and budget
New Business :
- Create new business proposals
- Initiate business development ideas for the agency
- Proactively seek new business – you benefit from an excellent bonus for new business wins.
Media Relations :
- Provide clients with media training
- Write press releases and other materials
- Respond to press requests
- Meet with top tier Arts & Cultural Editors & Journalists
- Pitch following send-outs
Key Candidate Criteria :
- At least 6 years of experience working in public relations
- Track record of creating and implementing Visual Arts PR campaigns
- Experience of formulating and analysing media, brand. and digital strategies