Medical Communications Medical Writer.
Create & manage delivery of medical communications, and medical education programs.
Medical Communications Medical Writer
Working at a leading international Medical Communications Agency you create and manage the delivery of medical communications, and medical education programs. Your objective is to raise awareness of pharmaceutical research amongst healthcare professionals and thereby influence their prescribing behaviour.
Personal benefits of working for this Employer :
- You will work across complex high value strategic projects on behalf of top Pharmaceutical companies.
- Diverse international culture of highly motivated skilled colleagues creating a dynamic workplace culture.
- Highly structured personal development plan ensuring your career growth & personal skills development goals are achieved
- In-house training & learning academy delivering skills training & learning which means you have time and space to learn
- Being a well resourced medical communications agency you will not work crazy hours as is typical in many agencies
Salary & Benefits :
- Starting salary £42,000 per annum
- Annual salary review
- Yearly bonus based on your personal performance
- Opportunity for on-the-spot financial rewards
- 25 days paid annual leave which increases to 28 days paid holiday after one year
- Generous employer contribution to pension scheme
- Life insurance cover
Medical Communication Medical Writer duties :
Medical Writing :
- Brand & sales training materials for use by the pharmaceutical company client in the training of its Medical Science Liaison staff
- Medical Educational content to raise disease awareness amongst healthcare professionals (HCPs) and moreover to inform HCPs about treatment options created by your pharmaceutical company client
- Slide Decks for Key Opinion Leaders and Speakers who are delivering presentations at Scientific Congress, and Medical meetings
Communications Project Management :
- Liaising with internal agency colleagues such as program coordinators in order to make certain that projects run smoothly
- Coordinate the editorial process by making sure that the creative and digital teams are aware of deadlines
- Managing your workload because you will be working across multiple projects and variety of disease areas
Attending Scientific Congress & Medical Meetings :
- Providing scientific content support to speakers because you are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the medical communications and medical education activity – for example you might be required to carry out medical writing or editing of speaker’s slide deck due
- Engaging with the representatives of your Pharmaceutical Company client so that you represent your Employer and you develop good professional working relationship with your client
- Attending Scientific Advisory Boards in order to facilitate discussions regarding therapy areas and the clinical issues faced by healthcare professionals
- Report writing so as to highlight key points from the scientific meeting for the benefit of your Pharmaceutical Company Client
Medical Communications Medical Writer – Candidate Criteria :
- Medical Writing experience which includes you creating medical educational content for an audience of healthcare professionals as well for use by Medical Science Liaison professionals when they are engaging with healthcare professionals
- Because team working is essential to your success in this position you will need to nurture good professional working relationships with many departments, for instance, program coordinators, and the creative studio
- As you will be meeting a wide variety of senior healthcare professionals, as well as representatives of Pharmaceutical Companies, it is important that you are confident in your professional communication skills
- You will need to have good project management skills so that you can deliver a range of projects to deadline
- High level of spoken and written English because all medical educational and communications materials are written in English
- Educated to advanced biomedical life sciences degree – at least to MSc level
- Right to work in the UK (Employer Sponsorship is not possible)
Covid secure interviewing and working :
Currently staff are working from home and this is likely to continue through to 2021. Your interview will be conducted by video and therefore you are not required to attend an in-person interview. When it is safe to return to the office flexible working is very much encouraged and moreover when live medical meetings recommence you will have the opportunity to attend. However for the time being this is a remote working position.