Account Director, Medical Communications
Lead a team on major global Medical Affairs account.
Snapshot : Account Director, Medical Communications
You will join the Medical Affairs team, at this independent healthcare communications agency. The team deliver brand strategy, healthcare marketing, and medical communications solutions, for a major global account.
Working as Account Director you will line manage 3-4 client services staff (Senior Account Manager, and Account Executives).
You have a high degree of autonomy in your day to day work which means you have opportunity to truly shape & influence the direction of the account.
Because this is a high value global medical communications account you have the chance to collaborate with colleagues working in the agency’s overseas locations. This therefore gives you an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas and to learn from other markets.
Location of Job :
Currently the team are home-working however when the team does return to the office you will be located in Central London. And moreover, when returning to the office, flexible working is very much encouraged. This means you have the option of flexible working hours as well as a split of home & office working.
The Agency :
The agency that develops a wide range of brand and healthcare communications activities to include :
- Developing the Scientific Platform
- Creating materials for a product launch
- Delivering disease awareness programmes
- Crafting engaging internal communications such as MSL training packs
- Content for digital meetings and ELearning
Supported by an in-house team of medical writers, and design creatives you will make certain that these deliverables, and more, are delivered for your client. In position of Account Director you shall also prepare financial forecasts and moreover ensure the profitable running of the account.
Account Director, Medical Communications, Responsibilities :
- Client Engagement. Providing clients with scientific and commercial insights
- Line managing your Client Services Team. This includes conducting staff appraisals, and performance reviews. Moreover you will plan work schedules to ensure timely delivery.
- Profitability of accounts. You will monitor budgets to be certain that service levels stay within client budget and moreover you will forecast future costs & profits.
- New business. Identifying opportunities for business growth within your existing clients, and further providing expertise to support the Business Development Team with pitches and proposals.
Skills & Experience needed :
- Previous experience of working in a Client Services at a Healthcare Communications Agency.
- Experience of working at Senior Account Manager or above is required because you need to bring good client facing skills.
- You’ll bring with you the ability to forecast account profitability because this is a crucial aspect of your responsibility.
- Because you will lead your client services team it is important that you have gained some experience of line management and/or mentoring.