Freelance Medical Writer
Freelance Medical Writer
Location : This postition is a remote-working freelance medical writing job vacancy.
Dates : October 2020 to January 2021 ( 3 months ).
The vacancy is available because of a high volume of work and moreover to provide resource while we hire a permanent staff member as Senior Medical Communications Writer.
Therefore it’s a terrific opportunity to get the Christmas spending kitty stocked (not long to go now….)
Hours & Days of work :
Because of the high volume of work and the necessity to liaise with other members of the team you’ll be contracted to work 5 days a week and therefore you’ll be engaged on a day rate. Furthermore because of client requirements and liaison with the rest of the team you will need to be available for the core hours of 10am to 4pm.
£400 to £450 per day however the actual rate is dependent upon the experience you bring.
Freelance Medical Writer – Job Vacancy :
This large global Healthcare Communications group consists of a practice in Medical Education, Healthcare PR, Healthcare Advertising, Healthcare Branding, Digital & Creative Healthcare Marketing is seeking a Freelance Medical Writer. It’s a sociable team driven environment and therefore, while you’re working on a remote basis, you will quickly feel like a member of the team.
Freelance Medical Writer – Tasks :
You will be supporting a team of medical writers and client services staff in order to write content for a range of Medical Education projects such as :
- eLearning programmes for Health Care Professionals (HCP)
- Training documents for use by Medical Affairs teams
- Speaker slides, scientific poster presentations, and exhibition booth content
- Video scripts for training videos
- Advisory Boards reports
- Mode of Action (MOA) videos
- Digital copy for HCP medical information websites
- Patient information materials
- Review articles
- Medical Conference summary reports
- Support the Healthcare PR & Advertising teams by providing scientific expertise and medical writing for PR and promotional campaigns
- Make certain that medical copy compliant with pharmaceutical marketing regulations such as ABPI code
As well as writing materials for medical education projects there is the opportunity to attend medical meetings and conferences whereby you’ll support activities such as editing of speaker slides. Of course because of the current restrictions on travel it may be that you’re doing more digital meetings as opposed to live.
The agency offers you the chance to work on some interesting projects such as Medical Devices, Rare Diseases, Ophthalmology and Dermatology. Moreover the team are award winners and therefore you’ll be working with an impressive team.
Medical Writers, at this agency, are client and faculty facing and therefore, as a Freelance Medical Writer, you might become involved in providing constructive feedback to Key Opinion Leaders regarding their speaker and other content. Further you will might find yourself liaising with Medical Affairs Teams about the development of materials.
Freelance Medical Writer – Candidate Criteria :
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Medical Writer
- Understanding of evidence-based medicine
- Client focussed – flexible can-do approach to implementing solutions & meeting client needs
- Proactive confident personality
- Team orientated
- Ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines
- Good influencing skills when engaging with scientific experts regarding content development
- Efficient project planning skills
- Excellent time management
- Quality focussed including proficiency in reviewing other colleagues medical writing
- Educated to higher degree level in life sciences
Freelance Medical Writer – how to Apply :
To send your CV for this Freelance Medical Writer vacancy : SEND YOUR CV