Freelance Account Manager MedEd £300-£350 per day
3 month fixed term contract. Start November 2020.
Freelance Account Manager MedEd
- November 2020 start.
- £300-350 per day.
- Remote working.
The Employer : A healthcare consultancy & communications agency under one roof.
Reading the Pharma Marketing & PR press (such as PharmaVoice) it’s clear that many clients want 2 things from the same vendor – strategic insight + slick execution of the deliverables. The Consultancy Team get the strategic insights into what patients with a disease really feel – in other words how does the illness truly impact their daily lives. This insight informs the execution of communication campaigns.
Execution of the strategy is where the Communications Agency bit fits in. Here the delivery of the strategy is via Medical Education, Healthcare PR, or Brand Promotion. All of this underpinned with the services of a digital & creative studio.
So what does this mean for you as Freelance Account Manager MedEd :
It means that while you primarily work on Medical Education account you also get to provide support to Healthcare PR & Healthcare Communications projects. Further, by engaging with colleagues across specialisms you have a great opportunity to enhance your learning, and ignite your creativity.
Is the work for a global audience or the local UK market ?
This Health Consultancy & Comms agency has both covered. In fact you’ll be working 50/50 meaning half of your time you’ll focus on projects aimed purely at our wonderful NHS. The other half of your time it will be worldwide domination on global accounts.
And.. how about the disease areas ?
They have the big hitters such as Oncology as well some interesting niche Rare Disease accounts. Moreover they have some projects in Consumer Healthcare & Medical Devices. This gives you a lovely varied mix. After all, variety is the spice of life.
The Client Services Team you’ll be assisting as a Freelance Account Manager :
The Medical Education team is circa 30 staff. Within the Healthcare Communications Consultancy overall there is circa. 60 staff. This means therefore that you’ll have plenty of people to share ideas with.
And..as Freelance Account Manager MedEd you will find yourself doing the following :
Supporting your Account Director in the running of your allotted accounts and by making sure that client service levels are met. The key tasks you’ll find yourself handling include :
- Delivering client counsel so that the client supports the strategic direction for the Medical Education programme
- Giving scientific & commercial insights – in other words making certain that you understand the competitor landscape & how your client’s data compares
- Ensuring that you maintain an oversight of financials to be sure service levels are within budget
- Forecasting of monthly & quarterly profits
- Project managing to ensure the smooth delivery of traditional & digital MedEd deliverables
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards as well as client & agency operational standards
Candidate Criteria : Freelance Account Manager MedEd
- This a busy client services role which requires you to bring experience of working within a Healthcare Communications Agency environment.
- You will need to demonstrate experience of keeping multiple projects running like clockwork and at the same time keeping all clients happy.
- While you’ll work from traditional clinical trial data you will also apply data from evidence-based research and therefore some experience of Real World Evidence is ideal (RWE is what we’re talking about).
- You’ll have had exposure to the end to end process of a Medical Education account such as :
- liaising with the client’s medical affairs teams
- putting project timelines together
- working with designers to develop the creative concepts
- developing scientific meeting materials
- liaising with the conference secretariat as regards meeting organisation
- developing client needs assessment
- liaising with faculty
- supporting the running of team briefings
- going through a client review stage