Copy-edit manuscripts & congress materials.
Located in the heart of London you will work in stunning modern offices with views to St.Pauls Cathedral from your desk. You can eat lunch while enjoying the peace of the lovely office roof terrace. Your neighbours include the foodie delights of Borough Market, and the artistic delights of the Tate Modern. This is a vibrant and creative part of town with many media, communications, and publishing firms.
A highly respected long established Healthcare Communications Agency delivering publication plans on behalf of top-tier Pharmaceutical, Bio-Tech, and Medical Device Companies.
Key Tasks :
- Copyediting manuscripts prior to submission to journal :
- ensuring that the content follows a logical order and that headings make sense
- checking accuracy of figures, illustrations, tables
- making certain that images support the text, and that links work correctly
- checking that abbreviations, units of measurements, and alternative spellings are consistent throughout the copy
- ensuring compliance with journal style-guides including referencing style
- applying client brand guide-lines
- Managing deadlines
- Liaising with Client Account Managers about timelines and budgetary limits
Essential Candidate Criteria :
- Native English speaker
- A degree in the biomedical sciences
- Minimum of three years of experience copy-editing medical / scientific materials – including manuscripts
- Understanding of citation styles such as Harvard & Vancouver
- Experience of working in STM Publishing or Medical Communications Agency
- Ability to work across multiple assignments
- PowerPoint, Adobe programs, and MS Office skills
You will benefit from :
- A personalised career development plan
- 28 days holiday
- Generous Corporate Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- With a highly collegiate team you will find the training and mentoring to be first class
So.. if you want to copyedit the latest in clinical trial data at a leading global communications consultancy that represents top Pharmaceutical, Bio-tech, and Medical Device this is the job for you.