Account Director Medical Communications
New team. Get in at the beginning.
Account Director – Medical Communications
Manchester based job.
As a member of the Client Services team, at a world leading medical communications agency, you advise clients on strategic & commercial aspects of medical education & medical communications programs.
The employer is building a new team and therefore this job offers you an excellent opportunity to be in at the beginning.
A key player in shaping the offering.
As Account Director you have responsibility for :
- Strategic insight. Create communications programs supported by science, communications strategy, and creativity.
- Line Managing & Mentoring junior members of the Client Services Team
- Profitability of accounts. Monitor budgets in order to be certain that service levels are within client budget.
- New business. Identify opportunities for business growth which exist within your existing clients, and moreover provide expertise to support the Business Development Team in their preparing of pitches and proposals.
The benefits, which you will experience, while working at this Medical Communications Agency include :
Challenging & stimulating medical communications accounts :
- Because you will work in a well resourced business you will get to focus 100% on what you do best which is providing strategic client counsel. For example Program Coordinators are available in order to ensure the smooth delivery of programs, whether that be liaising with event planners regarding logistics of medical conferences, coordinating the delivery of slide decks, or ensuring the in-house design studio is on track with the creative work. Therefore you are a true Account Director providing value to your clients.
- The business development team wins high value projects which means therefore that you get to work across highly complex strategic global medical education programs.
- This global business attracts high calibre talent, meaning therefore that you will work with a diverse multi-cultural team of highly motivated colleagues in an environment which is dynamic and intellectually stimulating.
Career Development assured :
- With consistent double-digit revenue growth you will get to enjoy :
- Excellent career development as the business continues to grow its headcount. In fact this is a key hire as one of the first members of the newly created team.
- Highly structured personal development plans which makes certain your career growth & personal development goals are achieved.
Sensible work / life balance :
- Flexible working is fully supported including home / office split and further 100% remote working is considered.
- Because this is a well resourced agency there is plenty of time, in a normal working day, to deliver on your client’s objectives and as such this means you will not find yourself working crazy long hours because after-all you can only do your best work for your clients when you’re at your personal best.
Competitive Salary & Financial Benefits package :
- Starting salary is from £45k to £52k dependent on your experience
10-15% annual bonus potential paid on top of your annual gross salary
- Annual salary review
- Yearly bonus based on your personal performance
- Opportunity for on-the-spot financial rewards
- 25 days paid annual leave which increases to 28 days paid holiday after one year
- Generous employer contribution to pension scheme
- Life insurance cover
Account Director – Medical Communications : Candidate Criteria
- Because this is a client services position experience of working within a medical communications or medical education agency is required.
- The role is Account Director and therefore at least 4 years experience of working in Client Services is necessary
- Because this is a commercial role you will show an understanding of the functions of maintaining financials, resource planning, and moreover maximising account profitability.