Account Director Healthcare Communications
Rare Diseases & Oncology global accounts.
Account Director Healthcare Communications
Date of Advert : 11 August 2020
Location of Job : Once life returns to offices you’ll be based in wonderful vibrant offices in the heart of the West End, Central London however in the meantime you’ll start working from home. Therefore there is no reason to delay in reading on and applying.
(The nearest tube is Oxford Circus or Piccadilly Circus. Of course, there is opportunity for flexible working (including some home working). Your day to day wellbeing is catered for by a reasonable 7.5 hour working day, free fruits & snacks, excellent free coffee, lots of break out spaces, outdoor patio, and a roof terrace to keep that VitaminD topped up.)
Salary range : £58-70k dependent upon the experience you offer. There is a good range of additional financial benefits including company pension scheme.
Covid secure recruitment : To limit in-person interaction you’ll be invited to attend a video interview.
About the Employer : A healthcare consultancy & communications agency under one roof.
In the past 2 months they’ve recruited x3 new team members.
Covid19 is not slowing down hires here.
We’re doing video interviews.
We’re making offers without the necessity of an in-person meet.
So don’t hesitate to read on….
What’s the big deal about the Health Consultancy bit of the equation ?
Reading the Pharma Marketing & PR press (such as PharmaVoice & MM&M) it’s clear that many clients want 2 things from the same vendor – strategic insight + slick execution of the deliverables. The Consultancy Team get the strategic insights into what patients with a disease really feel – in other words how does the illness truly impact their daily lives. This insight informs the execution of communication campaigns.
Execution of the strategy is where the Communications Agency bit fits in. Here the delivery of the strategy is via Medical Education, Healthcare PR, or Brand Promotion. All of this underpinned with the services of a digital & creative studio.
So what does this mean for you as Account Director Healthcare Communications :
It means that while you primarily work on Medical Education account you also get to provide support to PR & Health Comms projects. Further by engaging with colleagues across specialisms enhances learning, and ignites creativity.
Is the work for a global audience or the local UK market ?
This Health Consultancy & Comms agency has both covered. In fact you’ll be working 50/50 meaning half of your time you’ll focus on projects aimed purely at our wonderful NHS. The other half of your time it will be worldwide domination on global accounts.
And.. how about the disease areas ?
Two exciting areas for you to get your teeth into :
- Rare Diseases
Just one more thing ..what’s the size of the team I’ll be joining ?
The Medical Education team is circa 30 staff. Within the Healthcare Communications overall there is circa. 60. Moreover the building houses all of the communications business for this global comms group – there’s 500+ busy bees in the building overall which means a lively atmosphere for you to enjoy. You can see therefore that you have good room for career progression for your Healthcare Comms / Medical Education career.
And.. as Account Director you will :
Naturally you have a key position within the client services team which means you own the day to day running of your allotted accounts and moreover you make sure service levels are met. As well as the day to day account direction / management you have wider responsibility for Financial Management, Business Development, and Staff Mentoring.
The key tasks you’ll find yourself handling are :
- delivery of client counsel so that the client supports the strategic direction and moreover you win the trust & respect of the client
- give scientific & commercial insights relevant to your core account therapy areas
- provide your account team with direction so as to ensure the timely delivery of the deliverables
- setting financial targets & maintaining oversight of financials to be sure of hitting / exceeding £££ targets
- forecasting of monthly & quarterly profits
- taking the lead as regards ‘money conversations’ with clients
- ensuring your account managers have the support necessary to make sure their personal & career goals are being met and moreover you’ll be a mentor so as to help them realise their full potential
- supporting the new business development activity by making sure you have your ear to the ground so that you identify opportunities for revenue growth within existing accounts; and further you’ll lend your expertise when it comes to writing & delivering pitches & new bus’ proposals
Candidate Criteria : Account Director Healthcare Communications
- This a busy client services role which requires you to bring experience of working within an Medical Communications Agency environment whereby you have experienced keeping multiple projects running like clockwork and at the same time keeping all clients happy
- Because you’ll mentor account managers it’s important that you have some previous experience of mentoring junior client services staff
- While you’ll work from traditional clinical trial data you will also apply data from evidence-based research and therefore some experience of Real World Evidence is ideal (RWE is what we’re talking about)
- You’ll have run MedEd programmes from end to end to include taking responsibility for :
- pitching the idea to a client
- putting the timelines together
- working with designers to develop the creative concepts
- developing all the meeting materials
- liaising with the conference secretariat for organisation
- developing the needs assessment forms
- full faculty management
- running all the briefings
- going through client review stage
- being on-site to run the meeting from a logistics point of view
How to Apply :
Simple as can be. Email your CV now by clicking here – APPLY NOW.